“Humans…the other white meat. Unless you’re black, then it’s dark meat. Or if you’re Asian, then it’s yellow meat. Or if you’re Native American, it’s red meat. (Well…you get the idea.)”
~ Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
What came first, the chicken or the egg? Who cares…when the world is about to end in a flurry of homicidal hens and reanimated roosters?!
It has come to our attention that we have been designated as recipients of the Zombie Chicken award. No, not those zombie chickens (the ones that are euthanized, placed in a compost heap and rise from the dead – no joke, this happens to 1 or 2 in 40,000 chickens). We received this fantastic honor from Marg of Reading Adventures, Christine of The Happily Ever After, and Angie of Angieville. Here’s the rundown:
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…
Rather than incur the wrath of the deadly zombie chicken, we hereby nominate the following bloggers:
- Graeme of Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review – A fellow zombie aficionado and a blogger we highly admire, we think Graeme would be a pretty strong ally in holding off the zombie chicken hordes.
- Jeff of Conditional Axe and Sarah of Great Hera! (Both of AlertNerd) – We’ve only recently discovered Jeff and Sarah’s blogs thanks to AlertNerd’s awesome “What’s Your Scott and Jean?” bonanza, and have subsequently added their blogs to our feed readers. We figure they’d come up with some crafty zombo-cluck decapitation techniques.
- Jessica of Racy Romance Reviews – It’s no secret that we are in awe of Jessica’s consistently thought-provoking, discussion-inducing essays and book reviews. With her smarts, the forsaken fowl stand no chance.
- Kristen of Fantasy Cafe – Kristen’s succinct yet informative reviews make for wonderful book recommendations. And with her tastes in dark fantasy, repelling pestilential poultry shouldn’t be a problem.
- Karen Mahoney, Aspiring Author and Book Pimp – What’s the apocalypse without Karen? Honorary Book Smuggler and Book Pimp extraordinaire, Karen’s responsible for the Blob-like TBR piles that are gradually taking over our homes. At least the book piles will help reinforce our barricaded doors…
Well folks, you know the drill. Pass it on to five other bloggers, or suffer a fate most fowl…