Thea and Ana – 20 years from now. The new Edina and Patsy?
THANK YOU all for the award and we think you are totally fabulous too!
Now, we have to list 5 things we are obsessed with and can’t live without and then give the award to 5 blogs. Here it goes:
5 things we are obsessed with:
1) Books! duh. Just to make our point, in case it isn’t very clear by now: we read all the time, and everywhere. Ana reads in the treadmill at the gym and Thea reads while walking home from work. We are pretty good at it too.
2) Lost! This is how Ana and Thea met a few years ago and the obsession continues through the highs and lows of the show. We both adore Sawyer and we are both fangirls who love to theorise – we are very proud of our Desmond Theory.
3) Movies! What can we say? From very little we have both been avid cinema goers. Thea loves horror, Ana loves old Hollywood movies. They both love superheroes and stupid comedies. And Clint Eastwood.
4) Blogging! When we first started the Book Smugglers we thought we would be able to post one review per week and that’s all. <<<< Insert Hysterical Laughter Here. Cue to one year later and most of our free time is spent blogging and we love it!
5) Travel! We both love to travel. Most of all we love to ORGANISE the trips. At our houses, we are the ones in charge of planning everything from where to go, to where to stay, how to get to places (we study maps!) to what to do every single day. Needless to say, everything is ready and set to go six months prior to the date of travel.
OK, so now for the award. Obviously, we think LOADS of blogs are fabulous and it’s pretty hard to come up with only five. But here they are, YOUR BLOG IS FABULOUS:
Walkabout – Orannia is a frequent reader of our blog and her blog is pretty cool. She recently decided to try her hand at reviewing Melusine by Sarah Monette and we thought it was pretty good. So here’s hoping she will write more reviews.
Kris ‘n’ good Books – Kris is pretty obsessed with books (hello friend!) and her blogging voice is very distinctive and oh so funny. We are fans.
What Kate’s Reading –Kate writes in-depth reviews and has a very eclectic taste that range from Kafka to romance novels. She has a feature called “Unbuttoned Yet Tucked In” that is really fun. She is also the brains behind the Anna Karenina 2009. (We are reading it, are you?)
The Discriminating Fangirl – Listen, this is her logo: pop culture + geekery = happiness. She is like, the lost Smuggler. Need we say more?
Realms of Speculative Fiction – Run by a Tetrarchy that review genre fiction helped by a mascot called Evil Fruitcake. We love their reviews which are both detailed and fun- always a good combination in our books.
~ Ana and Thea, your friendly neighbourhood The Book Smugglers.