Kimberly Swan of Darque Reviews has nominated us Book Smugglers for the Kreative Blogger award! We now pass the award on to some of our favorite blogs. A big thanks to Kimberly for the mention!
Here are the rules:
1. Mention the blog that gave it to you.
2. Comment on their blog to let them know you have posted the award.
3. Share 6 values that are important to you.
4. Share 6 things you do not support.
5. Share the love with six other wonderful blogging friends.
*NOTE: We decided to go in a slightly different direction, since I’m sure we will all agree that friendship, honesty, etc are good values, and murder, dishonesty, abuse, etc are bad things*
Six Things Important to Us:
1. Oxygen (without which, we wouldn’t be typing right now)
2. Rainbows and Ponies (Because rainbows and ponies make you feel better after contemplating economic recessions and other assorted depressing topics)
3. Batman (because…he’s Batman)
4. Receiving those wonderful coupon emails from Borders and Barnes & Noble (especially the notification that you’ve earned $5 in Borders Bucks–yeah, it means you’ve spent $100 at Borders, but it’s the gift that keeps on giving)
5. HDTV (it’s beautiful)
6. Clint Eastwood. Because, like Batman, he’s Clint Eastwood. And we so badly want to see Gran Torino.
Maybe this explains it best:
Six Things We Do Not Support:
1. Jack and Kate, aka “Jate” (from the show LOST–Jate makes us want to hurl. Don’t even get us started on the bubbleheads)
2. Proposition 8 (DOWN with bigotry!)
3. The fact that True Blood is nominated for two Golden Globes when a truly AWESOME, non-cheesy, well-written and exceptionally acted show like Battlestar Galactica is snubbed year after year. Seriously, Anna Paquin is nominated for a best actress globe!?!?!? You want good female acting? I’ll take Katee Sackhoff, Mary McDonnell, Tricia Helfer, Lucy Lawless or Grace Park over weaksauce Anna Paquin any day. And come on, Six is way hotter than Sookie!
4. Housekeeping (dust, dishes, vacuuming, the works–working full time and then having to come home and keep things clean? Gaah. We no likey.)
5. The fact that chocolate is fattening (Thea says: I don’t really care for chocolate anyways, this one’s for Ana)
6. The Boston Celtics. (Thea says: This one’s for me. I hate the Celtics with all the inky blackness of my heart)
Six Blogs We Want to Share:
Best New Blog: Racy Romance Reviews
Best Creative Blog: The Thrillionth Page
Best In-depth Review Blog: Lurv a la Mode
Best Blog to Find New Books to Read: Angieville
Best Niche Blog: The Galaxy Express
Best Fantasy Review Blog: Fantasy Cafe
Go forth and check these blogs out!